Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Not Quite Sure What To Call This One...


  Yes it looks like a pizza, and yes it is cut like a pizza, and cooked on a pizza pan.....but it's focaccia!  I was not quite sure what in the heck I was going to make for dinner last night....all I knew was that the ground turkey that was defrosted needed to be used....and the last time I made pizza I used the focaccia recipe.....I thought it worked out well so I was daring enough to try it again....except this time I baked it in the oven as oppose to the grill....to me this is a good version of a thicker crust pizza....and the crust had so much flavor that I thought something simple on top would do it....so I sauteed up an onion (of course) and then cooked the ground turkey in the same pan...then I added some shredded parmesan cheese and a jar of arrabiata sauce.....which I just learned is Italian for the word angry....so maybe I should call this angry pizza!  I also found out that sometimes basil is used in this recipe which is just perfect....as I added some fresh basil from the garden as I was cooking the meat....it reminded me of spinach the way it wilted.....man did it smell good!  So, basically I made a loaf of focaccia - spread it out like pizza dough and then made a mean....or should I say angry meat pasta sauce and put the two together.....topped it off with some mozarella and dinner is done....it took about 45 minutes in the oven.....30 minutes at 400 degrees and then finish off the last 15 minutes at 350 degrees.....

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment