Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Another Day, Another Load of Dishes...

  One of the best things about being a teacher is having the summer off.....I know that many people joke about this and it is one of the arguments that teachers get paid too much!  But none the less being able to spend 10 weeks doing basically whatever I want whenever I want is nice!

  Although I do miss the classroom and look forward to the new year, I am enjoying my new kitchen...it has so many benefits...for example: the oven has a light in it.....so nice when baking something and you want to check and see if it is done.....and trust me there is nothing more pleasant then looking through that door.....it's the best spot to get the first smell of something sweet.....this morning I decided that scones were in order!



  This brought must hesitation as scones are not something I have ever made before and for some reason have this idea in my head that they are scary.....similar to the cheesecake and look how that turned out!  So, I told myself the best thing to do is find the recipe... I started with the Williams- Sonoma Baking Book - it was a Christmas present from my favorite brother-in-law!  It also happens to be the first time I baked anything from it!  They turned out perfectly!  They have a fluid texture and I ended up adding in almonds and cranberries for fun!  Check out the recipe by clicking here!


   Well now all I have to do it wait for the BBQ pork roast that is in the oven....it does seem a little odd to be roasting a pork at 11am....but what the heck....I will be out and about in a few hours and not returning until dinner time....the thought of coming home to dinner cooked it just too good to turn up.....what I love about a roast is 1.) It's easy and 2.) hello opportunities to blog about leftovers! 

  Thanks for reading all of you in never-never land....get in your kitchen and make something delicious!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment