Friday, July 22, 2011

Best Banana Muffins Ever.....for real!

Now I know that I have posted before about good banana muffins that I have made, but these are great!

I am always interested in what others post on Facebook when it comes to their culinary choices and one friend from my hockey days posted about some awesome muffins.....so of course I had to try them for myself.....when I was preparing the batter I was thinking about altering it somehow someway, but then I thought to myself that by doing that I would not be able to try her recipe and I can tell you any alterations I would have made probably would have made the muffin not as good....

  I take it back, I did make one slight alteration.....I added cranberries!

  I think it worked well in these muffins, also adding nuts are a nice with banana muffins.....any way you slice it - this is the recipe you need to use!

Anne Marie's Banana Muffins
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup bananas

    Now I have never really been one to measure bananas for any recipe that require they be brown.....so I ended up using 2.5 bananas in this recipe....I like to mash them on a plate with a fork and sprinkle cinnamon on them when mashing....OK, ok, I guess this is another alteration - but it was just a force of habit....when I smash bananas I add cinnamon!


  First I started by mixing the flour, soda, and salt together in a bowl and set aside.  The butter happened to be room temperature so that was a good thing as it was perfect for mixing with a fork.  I mixed together the butter and sugar first, then added 2 eggs.  Mix well.  Add in the sour cream and the bananas and blend together....I think the secret to this perfectly textured muffin was the sour cream!  Then I added in the dried cranberries....I did not measure these, just kept adding until I thought it looked like there was enough for each muffin to get some cranberry goodness!

  I was also pleased with this recipe because it gave me the opportunity to use my new muffin tin!  Thanks favorite mother-in-law!  As you can see I always prefer to use the muffin cups....it just makes clean up easier!


   I would bake these bad boys for about 20-25 minutes depending on your oven, at 400 degrees.....another tip I got from Anne Marie was to brush the muffins with a little butter before they are ready to come out....I did this with about 10 minutes left....it was perfect....I have been adding sugar to the top of my muffins when I bake them....but I like what the butter did to these.....it was perfect!


  Success!  I will from now on only use this recipe for banana muffins....they were excellent, the texture was perfect as they were light and fluffy but still had the density of a superb muffin.....they were so good I ended up sharing some with the neighbors....I have also been eating them everyday for breakfast and I tell you they are worth it.....so go get some bananas!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment